Research Associate I at Biotech/Pharma Cambridge, MA
Job Title: Research Associate I (Contractor one year)
Reports To (Title): Associate Director of Formulations & Drug Product Development
Function: Formulation Development
1. Independently perform formulation and process activities for buffer screening activities.
2. Analyze samples using established bioassays.
3. Apply statistical design of experiments methodology and results.
4. Effectively communicate results of experiments and analyses to supervisor and/or project teams.
5. Write and maintain data in laboratory notebooks in accurate and timely manner.
6. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
1.-Perform buffer screening and formulation development activities of vaccines.
2.-Conduct basic formulation and particle characterization analytics
3.-Maintain cell-culture, and perform cell-based bioassays.
4.-Set up and carry out formulation stability studies in a development.
5.-Perform new procedures with only general instructions.
6.-Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summary).
7.-Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions with guidance from supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Good understanding of basic experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design.
2. Possess practical knowledge in formulation, buffer screening and formulation process development activities.
3. Possess practical knowledge in passaging cells and maintaining cell banks.
4. Possess basic working knowledge of general chemistry and biology/biochemistry, and of statistics.
5. Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
6. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
7. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
8. Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures.
9. Exhibit and promote Core Competencies.
10. BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Life Sciences. 1-3 years laboratory experience, experience in particulate formulations and bioassays.
11. Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.