Senior Data Engineer/Developer-Hadoop
Randstad is seeking a Senior Data Engineer/Developer-Hadoop for our client, a digital marketing company in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Sr. Data Engineer will be responsible for architecting and implementing data solutions that support both the company's growth of data and new product features. You will be responsible for not only working with existing systems and data sets, but also creating and evangelizing new ways to store, manage, and access large amounts of data in next generation data storage technologies.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Comfortable with large-scale deployments
- Familiarity with agile practices
- Ability to create supporting technical documentation and detailed design specifications
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects & work requests simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in marketing, publishing, or media preferred.
- 2-4 years or more experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, RVM, Bundler
- Deep systems knowledge with Linux Systems, admin level preferred
- Experience with OpenStack deployments
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Experience with relational database technologies like Postgres or MySQL.
- An understanding of test methodologies and a commitment to their application
- Production level experience with Hadoop
- At least 1-3 years of development experience in Java-Mapreduce, Hive, PIG, Sqoop, Flume, HBASE
- Experience with leading ETL tools such as SSIS, Talend, Informatica or Pentaho.
- Experience with Git and software configuration management
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, CloudStack, or similar)
- Experience with non-relational, next generation data storage technologies such as Cassandra, Hbase, Voldemort and others
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.