Randstad is currently seeking qualified Medical Underwriters to join the team. We have an opportunity with a Fortune 5 Healthcare Provider in the Wauwatosa, WI area. Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description - Insurance Solutions provides Medicare Supplement and Hospital Indemnity insurance to AARP members. The Medicare Supplement plans offered by Insurance Solutions require some medical underwriting to establish plan eligibility and premium rates. We are currently looking for temporary medical Underwriters to underwrite enrollment applications during peak periods.
1. Evaluate enrollment applications and pharmacy data
2. Conduct telephonic underwriting investigations with applicants
3. Request additional medical information when needed
4. Accurately apply medical underwriting guidelines to determine plan eligibility and premium rates
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Candidates need to be able to work within the operating hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm CT.
- Candidates will be required to work some overtime during peak periods.
- Candidate may be required to work weekends, and holidays during the period between November and January.
- Candidates must be present every day during the 6-8 week training class.
- No requests for time off can be honored during these months.
High School graduate or GED equivalent.
??? Proficiency with medical terminology.
??? General knowledge of chronic medical conditions.
??? Meet and maintain quality and productivity expectations.
??? Strong customer service and telephone skills
??? Strong attention to detail.
??? Proficient with Windows PC applications, with the ability to learn new computer system applications
??? Experience completing work within multiple system windows, open and running would be a plus
??? Prior underwriting experience and experience working in an insurance environment is strongly preferred.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.