A large life sciences organization is seeking a Senior Accountant for an ERP implementation project. This role is expected to last through Dec. 2018, but could possibly go longer. In this role, the successful candidate will partner with multiple departments in Asia, North America and Europe and ensure financial activity is properly recorded in the Financials in accordance with the IFRS principles and company policies and procedures. We are looking for a strong professional who can learn and analyze existing processes, proactively make suggestions for improvement, and implement the approved changes.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations in an organized and thorough way. Partner with the people who did the reconciliations and who approved it to share findings and agree on a resolution plan. Follow up
- Create and maintain a dashboard of identified issues and their status
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in escalating issues, problems or exceptions to policy and practice to Management Team.
- Assists with special projects as assigned as a member. Potential projects can range from acquisitions to building of end-to-end processes.
- Troubleshoots problems and maintains contacts within or outside the group.
- Assist in implementation of internal control procedures (roll out of CARE project) relating to automated systems maintenance and (manual) record keeping and documentation requirements. Applies advanced methods and complex techniques relating to applicable systems and financial management tools and applications.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 AM
--Generates standard and ad hoc reports, applying skills, judgment and understanding of accounting principles and operational needs. Provides analyses, researches and reconciles issues and inconsistencies as required, refers policy exceptions for resolution, participates in audit or pre-audit tasks and compliance activities. Leads in identifying, investigating and correcting errors in a timely manner to ensure the validity of financial data. Develops alternatives and solutions for a range of problems. Solutions require integration of multiple factors and often require collaboration, imagination, and thoroughness to ensure consistency with objectives.
-- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and its submission to the corporate reporting system. Maintains backup documentation and historical files and records. Works independently to meet schedules and deadlines, implementing or technically supervising systems and administrative requirements. Applies seasoned operational and professional knowledge to resolve a variety of complex issues which may significantly impact P&L.
--Reviews professional literature and receives training to keep abreast of local, national and international financial and accounting principles, laws, and regulatory requirements. Knows International Accounting Standards (IAS) and/or Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), and ensures compliance with all internal policies, procedures, and practices. Will need to answers technical questions on unusual transactions or on accounting guidelines. Must be self-sufficient and knowledgeable to serve as a resource for other accountants and a resource for colleague training
-- Understanding and wide application of standards, guidelines, policies, concepts, and techniques applicable to accounting and reconciliation.
Bachelors or Masters in Finance or Accounting
Experience working in large corporate organizations
Oracle is strongly preferred, SAP is a plus
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.