Indirect Strategic Category Buyer
Are you looking to expand your knowledge of procurement within the steel industry? Are you a diverse individual looking for a great new challenge? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
Randstad has partnered up with one of the world's leading producers of tubular products for the oil & gas industry, looking for a dynamic Indirect Strategic Category Buyer to join their team!
- Oversee strategic supplier relationship management of designated suppliers.
- Ensure innovation, quality, service, delivery and cost competitiveness.
- Support the business and global procurement in reaching their objectives
- Deliver against savings objectives.
- Manage sourcing projects and ensure effective implementation.
- Supports and leads contractual negotiations and oversee signature, to ensuring that business relationships are protected by appropriate contractual documents.
- Develop and maintain close relationship with all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure internal communication when appropriate.
- Support the development of annual and multi-year strategic souring plans
- Will develop global category sourcing strategies and plans for complex products and services.
- Makes a significant contribution to Indirect Procurement to drive Procure to Pay (P2P) optimization and help scale our indirect procurement function.
- Utilize historical spend data, product/service agreements, budgets, and other data to build various action plans of sourcing opportunities.
- Manages compliance, Product Price Variance (PPV) and a team of storeroom clerks, coordinators and buyers. Issues reports and Manages KPI.
- Will execute complex strategic sourcing engagements as well as more immediate tactical sourcing requirements for internal stakeholder teams.
- Establish secure relationships with and be able to influence cross-functional teams.
- Drive challenging and continuous improvement projects.
- Will support the team in planning and performance management efforts.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--3+ years of experience leading- medium to high complexity strategic sourcing engagements for several of the following categories: facilities management and construction, professional services, marketing, finance, legal, professional services, and/or human resources, capital equipment, leases and Utility - e.g. creative, construction services, architecture services, business process outsourcing, etc.
--3+ years of ERP/P2P utilization experience.-
--Experience running multiple successful dynamic projects and engagements.
-- Effective project management and negotiation skills with a past success of achieving meaningful improvement of terms through negotiations.
--Ability to collect, cleanse, analyze data for actionable results. Proficient MS Excel skills (pivot tables/ v-look up).
--Experience leading continuous projects with an ability to influence others without a mandate or formal policy.
--Manufacturing industry and/or prior management consulting experience is preferred
Click to apply today!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.