Quality Assurance Specialist Food Industry
Our well-established food production client in Plant City, Florida looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist with Food Industry experience to join and re-enforce their Quality Assurance Team. This candidate will help maintain their impeccable quality and safety standards.
- Develop QA and food safety policies and procedures so that they are in compliance with individual customer requirements, regulatory requirements and SQF programs. (food safety fundamentals and the food safety plan).
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant USDA/FDA and regulatory guidelines established for food manufacturing.
- Oversee the maintenance, review and validation of the SQF System (food safety fundamentals and the food safety plan).
- Develop and maintains QA procedures and conducts QC testing on a timely basis to insure that product specifications are met.
- Oversee and direct testing procedures to assure compliant testing standards and product integrity.
- Daily review of HACCP Critical Control Point records.
- Act as a liaison regarding all regulatory inspections and audits by local County and State health organizations.
- ensure that all food safety standards are met.
- Communicate with Production Management regarding product quality issues.
- Coordinate and respond to issues related to product quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to QA personnel including communicating employee performance expectations, provide coaching and conduct performance reviews.
- Support of Production Management to troubleshoot deficiencies in quality execution and assures plant preparedness for customer and regulatory inspections.
- Support and enforce current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP's), SSOP and all relevant company policies and food safety regulations.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Minimum 2 years food industry experience in a quality assurance environment
- Ability to interact with regulatory personnel, including practical audit experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, CGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, SQF 200 system requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style to create an engaged, motivated and high performing team.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.