Randstad is hiring a Senior Procurement - IT Sourcing Agent
, to work with our client, a major energy company in Berlin, CT.
This position is responsible for driving the procurement sourcing strategies for IT, managing the bid process and negotiating the purchase of Software and hardware and IT services for medium dollar/complexity purchases. The Sr. Sourcing Agent supports the company's strategic direction and assists with building an organization that will expertly execute procurement control processes. This position will promote strategic and operational functions of the company-wide volume aggregation and standardization, supplier base optimization, and assist with the development of cost-saving synergies across all IT functions.Responsibilities:
Senior sourcing agents will assist in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement processes. This position builds supportive internal and external relationships within Procurement and across functions. Serves as a role model, technical expert, and coach for colleagues with less experience.
- Establishes and monitors positive working relationships with IT business partners and suppliers.
- Drives cross-functional teams through all stages of the sourcing process: supplier evaluation, SOW negotiation and contract implementation.
- Executes sourcing activities by working with stakeholders to prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs), review bids, and negotiate with suppliers for spend categories.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes - implements best practices in sourcing and contract management and improvements.
- Engages the client to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the longer term business strategy.
- Plans sourcing events with business to manage contract end dates and allow for transition.
- Manages contract administration, coordinates with end users and suppliers, and provides oversight and co-ordination with the business.
- Provides consultation services to the business to resolve contract disputes. When acting in the contract manager role for a contract, will be accountable for all aspects of the contract management lifecycle.
- Collaborates with Legal to review commercial terms and ensure contracts properly define requirements in Statements of Work (SOW??s).
- Ensures development and qualification of sources to support purchases of IT software, hardware and services, conducting site visits to current and prospective suppliers as required.
- Identify supply and quality problems proactively and lead the development of corrective actions to the benefit of Procurement's internal partners.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PMSkills:
You need to be high energy, have written contracts and have experience with SOWs.Technical Knowledge/Skill:
Requires advanced sourcing and procurement best practice process knowledge, purchasing knowledge, including expertise in the category area and full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems. Also requires strong understanding of contract language terms and conditions. Solid understanding of business/ financial principles. Strong ability to manage multiple projects. Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills. Effective negotiation skills. Also requires strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to present to different organizational levels. Demonstrated project management and leadership skills, including the ability to manage conflict and encourage collaboration. Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Sourcing and Procurement systemsEducation:
Requires a Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
Qualifications:If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please email a current resume to email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in working with Randstad!!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.