Medical Billing Specialist
Randstad is currently working with one of the top hospitals in the Boston area. We are looking for a dedicated individual to fill the role of a medical billing specialist. Previous experience in medical billing is a MUST.
Responsibilities include full and complete knowledge of the process for posting electronic payment files and also the manual posting of all other payments, allowances, charges, and the completion of the daily cash reconciliation within strict time frames.
Working hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Proficient in the use of the hospital billing system and in the use of web-sites to obtain insurance detail payment information.
- Complete knowledge of the process of downloading, correcting and posting of the electronic payment files timely.
- Calculate all contractual allowances based on the contracted reimbursement rate indicated on the insurance remittance advice and correctly post the contractual allowance that result in accurate patient balances such as co-pays and deductibles.
- Daily reconciliation of all electronic payments with the payments recorded on the bank statement. Maintain and submit monthly spread sheets to the Accounting Department for all electronic payments posted.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with staff and other Departments.
High school graduate; post high school course work in business, accounting or finance preferred. Strong data entry skills. Minimum of two years manual payment posting and electronic payment file reconciliation in a medical billing office required.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.