E & S Underwriting Consultant
Randstad is seeking individuals for a Fortune 100 company in the Scottsdale Area. This is for a Underwriting Business Consultant. Qualified applicant will have a strong technical background, along with E&S Underwriting experience.
This position will be based at the Pima Center office in Scottsdale, Arizona reporting in to the Business Delivery team. In this role, the incumbent will have the opportunity to apply their Underwriting knowledge and assist in the development of an underwriting rate to issue solution for our agents. The length of this assignment is anticipated to be 12-18 months.
- Use and apply Excess & Surplus, Property & Casualty underwriting knowledge to project tasks as outlined by Business Lead
- Gather input on specific business needs from various internal / external audiences
- Collaborate with Business Lead and IT project team in delivering business requirements; May facilitate these requirements by holding sessions once onboarded
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing as needed providing UW knowledge, solution knowledge and identifying whether the solution meets the requirements that were provided
- Participate in Super User meetings, Agency User Group meetings. Will act as Content Owner for some agenda items during these meetings related to the deliverables that this person is accountable for.
- Participate in Working Committee as SME (subject matter expert), business consultant, facilitating decisions in the assignments that this role is accountable for.
- Provide business analysis, product and UW analysis on project deliverables
- Participate in project meetings as needed to complete deliverables assigned.
- May provide training or assistance on training items to associates, customers, etc.
- Work with Agents to identify specific needs around issuance, endorsements, additional functionality as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 4 or more years Excess/Surplus Property and Casualty underwriting experience
- Ability to communicate clearly regarding business decisions, functionality
- Ability to understand agent and UW needs and communicate that to IT and Business partners to deliver a quality rate to issue solution
- Ability to discuss options and needs with a cross functional team
- Ability to take assignments, ask questions and meet deliverable timelines
- Ability to learn new processes, understand expectations
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Any experience in technology development of UW Solutions (rate to issuance) - preferred but not required (Subject Matter Expertise counts!)
- Excel experience a plus
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.