We are working with a global law office whose largest site is here in Chicago. They are looking for an experienced docket specialist to join their team here in the Loop. This is a direct hire career opportunity, and if an offer is made it would be between $55,000-$75,000.
- Enter data into the firm's docketing and calendar system
- Calculate rule-based litigation deadlines
- Generate docket reports and queries as requested by attorneys, paralegals and secretaries
- Monitor cases with the use of various online resources
- Handle all inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and secretaries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with service and filing of all court documents
- Travel to local courts and agencies utilizing public transportation
- Perform Electronic Court Filings in Federal, State and Appellate Courts
- Other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years docketing experience required
- Knowledge of basic litigation docketing, calendaring and Civil Procedure
- Experience utilizing docketing software
- Knowledge of various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases (PACER, Lexis/Nexis, West CourtExpress and DC Court websites)
- Strong knowledge of federal and state e-filing procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Available to work overtime
If you are interested and meet the qualifications apply now! Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Recruiter: Michaela at email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.