Air Export Specialist
Assist with processing of air shipments for an assigned base of accounts under the direct supervision of an Air Export Specialist or Supervisor, Air Export. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process export shipments in a cost-efficient manner within Company standards.
- Receive, review, and process export documentation for an assigned base of accounts. Process and follow Shipper's Letter if Instructions accurately. Prepare and process Airway Bills, Insurance Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Consular Documents, Shipper's Export Declarations, and Customs Invoices. Process documents through the system. Meet all Company and government deadlines for processing these documents.
- Prepare and/or send advance notification of shipments and documents to banks, shippers, consignees, destination offices, as required and within Company standards.
- Arrange, book, and confirm cargo space on aircraft. Coordinate the ordering of cargo to the airport/gateway.
- Calculate air freight rates and cargo insurance accurately.
- Close files and distribute documents in accordance with pertinent requirements and in compliance with export standards.
- Advise supervisor of any problems or irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by informing clients of the status of their shipments under the direct supervision and advice of the Air Export Specialist or Supervisor, Air Export.
Working hours: 1:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Basic creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Good judgment and initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good listener
- A team player
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.