The Buyer I is responsible for developing and maintaining CY directed and non-directed relationships through ensuring competitive pricing, superior quality, and timely delivery from the supply base in order to support and fulfill the requirements of internal and external customers across the North American
* Manage Systems Supply Strategy and develop cost saving methods and opportunities in order to promote overall business unit productivity and supplier competitiveness (i.e. through VA/VE methods, quoting, independent negotiations, etc.).
* Analyze North American supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers
* Manage supply base both in regards to internal and intra-company initiatives.
* Direct start-ups through available planning tools; develop planning tools
* Investigate and select optimal sources for materials in a timely manner through the effective use of industry techniques, procedures, and planning methods
* Define and negotiate Statements of Work, Supply and Warranty Agreements, in addition to other contracts and legal documentation.
* Develop supply base using VA/VE methods, and other measurements.
* Track costs and statuses of negotiations, while and maintaining agreements with suppliers.
* Ensure that Scheduling Agreements, Purchase Orders, and other pricing policies are maintained and up to date.
* Explore methods/materials for total cost management, quality system conformance, and on-time delivery performance
* Work aggressively meet purchasing goals.
* Serve as key interface for communication and dispute resolutions between suppliers and customer
* Update tracking tools
* Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Experience with SAP
- Working knowledge in blueprint reading, statistics, PPAP documentation, product costing, and specifications.
- Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics and techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- 0-3+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.)
- Technical abilities in business composition and mathematics
- Analytical abilities with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.