MilliporeSigma in Hayward, CA is looking for a Research Scientist to join their team!
1 year contract position, start asap
Health benefits after 45 days, paid sick leave and 401K options after 90 days
In this position, the qualified candidate will work in the Flow Cytometry Applications Group in an Research and Development environment to develop novel cutting edge solutions for research and diagnostic products on our flow cytometry based platforms. We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and versatile scientist who has excellent analytical and communication skills to join our Applications Development Team in Hayward, CA. This is a multi-disciplinary position with substantial opportunities to learn and apply new techniques and to significantly impact the company's technology development in new areas. There will also be opportunity to interact and collaborate with external sites and develop strategies.
- Develop novel cell-based or blood-based assays on flow cytometry platforms using cutting edge, strategies, reagents and instruments for research and diagnostic products.
- Design complete solutions spanning assays, instruments and software; optimize assay conditions, improve product design and related processes and procedures, and troubleshoot technical issues. Work on new Product Introduction in support of design transfer from R&D.
-Strong documentation skills, maintain lab notebooks, follow SOP's, and maintain records as needed. Author SOP's and product related documentation
- Actively participate in routine lab maintenance and lab safety procedures.
- Present technical status-updates to colleagues and collaborators.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- B.S. degree with 2+ years of industrial experience or M.S with 1+ years industrial experience in biochemistry, immunology, microbiology or cell biology.
- Demonstrate hands on experience in cell-culture methods with mammalian or micro-organism culture, blood based assays, cellular assays, immunoassays, bead based assays and flow cytometry or microscopy methods.
- Good understanding/application of antibodies, fluorescence based probes, dyes etc. Good background in cell biology with understanding of apoptosis/cell health pathways.
- Prior flow cytometry based product development experience an added plus.
- Must demonstrate ability to design and conduct experiments, critically analyze and interpret data, put together summaries and present findings with minimal supervision.
- Strong collaborative, inter-personal and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required - experience with statistical analysis) preferred. Strong data analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of cell culture techniques, flow cytometry and cell biology of multiple organisms.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative assay development
-Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
-Need someone with cell biology experience required. Cell biology and immunology preferred.
Monday through Friday schedule
Pay range: $37-38 /hour depending on experience
Health & other benefits available as options after 45 days
Interested? Please email updated resume to Rebecca.Ricksgers@external.emdmillipore.com or call my desk line at 951-514-4501!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.