The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Accounts Payable Manager. The Accounts Payable
Specialist is responsible for the daily processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure day-to-day
payment obligations are met in a timely and consistent manner and works closely together with the
Accounts Payable Manager to ensure all departmental goals are achieved.
The Accounts Payable Specialist answers inquiries from vendors and employees. Exercises procedural
and technical knowledge necessary to perform the accounts payable function efficiently and accurately
with minimum supervision required.
- Review all invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process check requests and invoices in a timely and accurate manner with an electronic workflow
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Monitoring, analyzing and reconciliation of vendor aging by reconciling vendor statements and
- correct discrepancies and work with business partners (Purchasing, Receiving and Vendors) to
- resolve any Purchase Order related discrepancies
- Weekly disbursements for ACH, checks and wires
- Research unclaimed properties and uncashed checks upon request of Staff Accountants
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and
- accepted accounting practices
- Assist in month end closing and create account reconciliations for all affiliate intercompany accounts
- Assist in developing appropriate policies and controls for entire payables process
- Support with external and internal Audits
- Master Data experience for support function highly desirable
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical capability and attention to detail .
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume
- environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Shared Service environment experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree or Associate degree with four (4) years relevant and recent experience.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP a must
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.