Our client located in the Clark, NJ area is seeking an Ocean Import Freight Forwarding agent. This role is open due to growth and is a direct hire role with excellent benefits.
- Maintain daily contact with customers, agents and colleagues.
- Maintain communication between overseas offices and agents.
- Customer service
- Work with various truckers, airlines, steamship lines and other vendors providing services to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of US export regulations and its application to business.
- Create rate quotes for customers, agents and overseas offices.
- Create bookings and process documents for ocean export shipments.
- Obtain and process documents for ocean shipments.
- Accurately invoice both customers and agents.
- Ensure company receives correct and timely billings from vendors and agents.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--High school diploma is required.
--Associates degree in Business, Logistics or similar, a plus but not required.
--Minimum one year of previous freight forwarding customer service preferred.
--AES/EAR/TSA knowledge and experience, a plus but not required.
--US Customs, FDA and other US agencies involved in the importation of goods, a plus but not required.
--Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
--Math including rate of exchange, percentages and volumetric conversions.
--Adaptable - responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
--Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
--Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
Interested candidates should apply and email Christina.Bruscia@randstadusa.com
Competitive benefits and compensation package, great corporate culture.
Ask us about video interviewing options!
Skype / Facetime and Google Hangouts is available
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.