Legal Documentation Specialist
Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively seeking a Legal Documentation Specialist to join their law office team on a temp to hire basis, beginning in August 2018. This exciting opportunity is located at their field office in Glendale, CA. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
-Career Development: 3-6 months temp to hire employment with comprehensive job training and continued mentorship ongoing.
-Starting pay: $15.00 / hour. Expectation is that total compensation increases and transfers into a non-exempt employee status, upon successfully meeting requirements for perm conversion.
-Flexible Schedule: Hours range from 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday; total hours per week are 38.75 hours.
-Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision and 401k, The Hanover also offers employee benefits.
-Parking: Free - on-site parking!
Responsible for coordination of incoming mail and document management for Claims Staff Counsel. Environment is fast-paced and high volume. Receives, assembles and/or distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Prepares and scans documents. Responsible for the operation of the scanner module. Maintains an archived storage area. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the internal/external customer.
- Ability to manage confidential documents and financial instruments.
- Ability to prioritize mail and physical evidence and route to the proper attorney, requires discretion, independent judgment and knowledge of legal process/documents.
- May be responsible for coordination of mail for multiple locations.
- Order business cards.
- Responsible for naming convention of documents/files.
- Copying large files.
- Open mail by hand or machine.
- Prepare documents by removing staples, paper clips and envelopes.
- Split the contents of an envelope into documents.
- Inspect mail, checks for basic required data and logs date.
- Identify and prepare time sensitive/priority mail.
- Maintain daily requirements for scanner module.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Minimum 2-3+ years of related Administrative and document handling experience; Claims Administration or Legal Admin/Secretary preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Basic Claims and Staff Counsel knowledge and ability to identify documentation.
- Ability to manage a consistent large volume of work.
- Ability to apply and develop knowledge of basic personal computer applications.
- Communicates effectively.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Easily adapts to new, different, or changing situations, requirements, or priorities.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Physical Demands & Work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Required to work on-site as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing or stressful environment.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey.Fontana@randstadusa.com for an immediate response!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.