Tool and Die Maker
Randstad Petersburg has several openings for Tool & Die Makers in the Tri-Cities area:
The Tool & Die Maker will program, set up, manufacture and produce components for plastic injection molds, tool repair, prototype molds, end of arm tools and fixtures. Will also train employees in CNC Machine operation to assist in manufacturing.
- Set up and operate manual machining equipment, such as grinders, mills, and lathes.
- Program and operate CNC equipment (Solidworks experience preferred), REDM, and WEDM.
- Analyze manufacturing feasibility and specifications using knowledge of tool design, shop math and assembly procedures to build tools and dies.
- Ability to read tooling blueprints and/or engineering parts/welded prints to produces high quality tooling. (Most data will be 3D solids.)
- Will maintain preventative maintenance schedule on all equipment and will document.
- When required will produce parts for broken machines, at times with few or no prints as a repair function.
- Consult with other tooling machinists and engineers to translate simple, effective ideas into tools.
- Reports to the Tooling Engineer Manager
- Regular and punctual attendance
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 2 year Technical Degree and/or 5-10 years of related experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Injection molding experience preferred; alternate industry experience will be considered
- Experience in coordinating tool room functions
- Proficient understanding of drawing analysis and Solidworks
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to program and operate CNC equipment
- Experience in proper measurement techniques and practices
Contact Joel Cloud at (804) 732-0297 or email credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.