Randstad is seeking a Cost Accountant in San Diego, CA for a one month assignment at one of its biotechnology clients. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
- Utilize and maintain Cost Accounting aspects of Company's Oracle ERP system related to product cost, perpetual inventory and general ledger accounting.
- Review ECO changes and new part introductions. Ensure that all new items and Bills of Material are correctly costed in Oracle system.
- Assist with monthly calculation and analysis of overhead rates and operational expenses
- Month End Close activities and journal entries.
- Assist with monthly departmental variance analysis.
- Daily review for items missing costs.
- Monitor and close for accounting all Work Orders (WOs). Investigate all WO variances and correct as necessary.
- Issue monthly and quarterly detailed analysis inventory reporting.
- Maintain routings for manufactured products.
- Provide analysis and support for inventory and manufacturing issues including labor analysis, material cost analysis, overhead expense analysis, labor and overhead absorption and inventory turns.
- Reconcile Perpetual Inventory to General Ledger at month end investigating all differences.
- Analyze all perpetual inventory locations for accuracy and viability of inventory value.
- Work with Operations and Service Logistics to calculate Excess and Obsolete (E&O) Inventory reserve requirements.
- Analyze and report all Purchase Price Variances ensuring the standard costs for all products are correctly reflected.
- Provide other analysis and reporting as needed.
- Monthly analysis of all manufacturing variances and other cost of sales accounts.
- Prepare quarterly schedules and reporting to External Audit team.
- Insure adherence to GAAP accounting principles and internal policies and procedures for SOX and Internal and External audit compliance.
- Interface with Corporate Accounting, Internal and External Auditors on all issues related to Cost of Goods Sold and inventory valuation.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to complete multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Significant understanding of ERP systems
- Proficient understanding of accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced worksheet manipulation skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years of related experience, CPA preferred
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.