Buyer/Supply Chain Specialist
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have experience with supply chain management, purchasing, negotiations and building relationships with others? This may be the opportunity for you! A client in Baltimore County who supports global defense and intelligence missions is looking to bring on-board a Buyer/Supply Chain Specialist reporting directly to the CFO. The position is direct hire, full time, working 8 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday. The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Source, negotiate and issue purchase orders and other complex agreements for materials, services and supplies to meet manufacturing and engineering lead times and pricing targets.
- Ensure all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented, reviewed and revision controlled with all necessary supporting emails and backup.
- Work with stakeholders and management to address all aspects of supply chain management, including competitive pricing, product availability, supplier schedules, supplier quality issues, excess inventory and sensitivity to urgent requirements.
- Investigate and assess all internal urgent requests for purchasing for scheduling conflicts, reasonableness and pricing and communicate to CFO suggestions for validity of requests.
- Acts as liaison between production and engineering team and suppliers to build positive partnerships and relationships.
- Build productive working relationships with all internal staff.
- Actively manage supplier performance to meet schedule, costs, quality and other corporate initiatives.
- Performs price and cost analysis for materials, components, equipment and services.
- Monitors and updates ERP and stakeholders when purchase orders are later than expected.
- Work directly with key stakeholders in supplier selection, pricing, negotiating and setup in the ERP.
- Properly file all appropriate paperwork.??
- Assist in developing key performance indicators, running reports and communicating key issues to the appropriate management.
- Resolve all purchase order and invoice discrepancies before approving for Accounts Payable
- Maintain and update all supplier price list in ERP.
- Proactively participates in continuous improvement activities to drive material requirements, costs, schedule and risk reductions.
- Recommends cost savings proposals.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Has wide-range experiences in supply management, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to work and succeed in fast paced, deadline driven environment while superior presentation, communication, team building and leadership skills.
- Self motivated and ability to work as an independent contributor and as part of a team.
- Must be punctual, and able to work a full-time 40 hour work week (Monday - Friday 8-5), overtime may be required.
- Timely communication with stakeholders, management, program managers, suppliers, and others as necessary to complete work tasks, and purchase order forms with efficiency and accuracy.??
- A strong attention to detail, proof reading, and logical thought process is essential in executing the administrative function for this position.??
- Must be able to complete all ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Must be able to prepare, generate and complete with efficiency and accuracy using spreadsheets within Microsoft Excel, and Word.??
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard records in accordance with department processes, and company policy.
- Organize the work area to maintain a neat and professional work environment.
- Assist with all administrative processes and tasks in accordance with the department demands.
- You must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- *Must be familiar with the signal intelligence industry*
- Epicor experience is a plus
If you think this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and your career path, please apply here or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.