DevOps Technical Lead
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- You will be a technical lead to help establish and develop a team of DevOps / operations engineers
- You and your team will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and scaling internal web-based applications and SaaS products
- You and your team will be helping to establish, mature, and support a fast-paced, agile development team
- You and your team will be assisting in firefighting production issues
??? Bachelor???s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
??? You have built, operated, and scaled significant internal web-based applications and/or SaaS products
??? You are a ???full stack??? hands-on lead, comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting down in the trenches with the team when needed
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- You have run production systems and have the scars to prove it
- You can help guide a team through a world of ever-changing priorities, balancing long-term investments and strategic improvements with short-term fixes and fires
- You are naturally a mentor to those around you and a fierce advocate for the folks on your team
- You serve as an interface for your team to others in the organization and can work cross-functionally, interacting with individuals and teams in engineering, infrastructure, customer success, product, security, compliance, etc.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies and tooling (e.g, Jira, Kanban, Scrum)
- You are at home on the console of a Linux box
- You manage servers and systems through configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Bosh)
- You have administered of various database and storage systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, MongoDB)
- You have run things on bare metal, on private cloud, in the public cloud, or hybrids (e.g. OpenStack, AWS, GCP)
- You have experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. MS VSTS, Jenkins, TeamCity, Concourse)
- You have supported a variety of technology stacks and are comfortable with an ever-changing landscape (we're currently using AngularJS, MS.Net, C#, Java, AEM, and much more)
- You are very familiar with web stacks and technologies (e.g. IIS, Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, Cloudflare)
- You have experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- You are ready to take on on-call responsibilities to help firefight when needed (hopefully less and less often because you're here!)
??? You love to build. You like to think about architecture and design, too, but you???re not happy unless you get your hands dirty and produce something that works.
??? You always strive to find empathy ??? for your team, for the people using your software, for the other teams who have to support what you do (e.g., customer success, sales, marketing), and for that person three years from now who???s trying to fix a bug in something you built.
??? You like to work on a team of people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
??? You don???t mind being wrong.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.