The Desktop Support Technician provides technical support on business hardware systems and software supported by the IT organization, such as troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventive maintenance of all business PCs, servers, printers, and network infrastructure.
Entegris is seeking a Desktop Support Technician for our Chaska, MN location.Primary Responsibilities:
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMSuccessful candidates will typically have the following skill set:
- Provides technical support to ensure effective hardware and software performance;
- Provided technical expertise in the installation and maintenance of hardware and systems software;
- Analyzes technical problems and recommends and applies required solutions.
- Provides end user training when installing new equipment or software.
- Performs tasks to improve the efficiency, reliability, availability, and stability of the computing environment;
- Completes tasks such as performance monitoring, tuning, and adjusting;Implements appropriate solutions to ensure that facilities and products are maintained and beneficial to users;
- Performs network maintenance tasks ensure complete and safe system data backups;
- Performs weekly, monthly, and year-end backup processes Restores data when necessary
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software products based upon factors such as cost effectiveness, existing capacity, and integration with the desired environment;
- Involves analysis of a variety of hardware and software alternatives and current trends and developments in technology;
- Participates on special projects to meet department objectives;
- Contributes to assigned functional projects by completing assigned tasks;
- Maintains documentation to ensure efficient and accurate department operations;
- Develops and maintains hardware, software, and internal systems standards and procedures;
- Maintains internal knowledgebase by recording all user inquiries from initial IT Maintenance Request ticket to final resolution;
- Maintains asset records of all IT user hardware in the Entegris Asset Database to ensure ownership and tracking of all IT assets worldwide;
- Maintains effective shift notes and shift checklists for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Associates/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required; relevant experience desired;
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PC hardware and software problems;
- Ability to install and configure hardware and software;
- Ability to perform PC backup and recovery;
- Extensive knowledge of data processing fundamentals and data center equipment operations;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7/8.1 operating systems/Strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team skills;
- Extensive knowledge of the following applications:
- MS Office Suite / Visio / Project
- Lotus Notes R8.5
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.