As a financial processor, you will spend 90-95% of the time processing transactions, and the other time to interact with clients over the phones. Financial processors will be assisting with processing existing client transaction requests.- You will be asked to work with tenured associates to maintain department standards for quality and productivity
- Develops knowledge and proficiency in establishing processing existing client transaction requests.- Reviews transactions for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to all internal and external regulations.- Partners with tenured Associates to ensure timely completion of all client requests with minimal rework required.
- Works with tenured Associates to maintain department standards for quality and productivity.- Develops a working knowledge of internal processing systems and of all departmental policies and procedures for processing.
- Develops proficiency in corresponding with clients both orally and in written format to clarify incomplete or invalid paperwork.- Develops knowledge in order to comply with all Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and internal policies regarding client contact.
- Maintains effective work relationships with peers and management.- Keeps supervisor informed of issues impacting the team.
- Partners with tenured Associates to handle complex processing issues.- Begins to establish contact with internal partners to research answers as skills and confidence develop.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
These positions are superb entry-level roles for anyone who wants to get inside the business world and start a career.- These positions are temp-to-hire with a lot of opportunities to transition into permanent roles.- Excellent training will be provided.
Undergraduate degree required
Strong customer service
Ability and willingness to effectively work within a team environment.
Ability and willingness to give/receive constructive feedback.
Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume situation with time constraints.
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Strong problem resolution and time management skills.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Start Date: Mid- February
Training (4-6 weeks):???? 100% attendance is required during training.???? The schedule is Monday- Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.?? Once training is complete you will then switch to a compressed flex schedule that alternates every other week.
After you're done with training, you will be asked to work a compressed flex schedule:
Monday:?? 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday:?? 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday:?? 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday:?? 6:30 am - 2:30 pm
Monday:?? 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
Tuesday:?? 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday:?? 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday:?? 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.