Randstad In-house Services is currently reviewing resumes for a Manufacturing Controls Engineer to assist our client, a world renowned manufacturer of advanced heating, air, and refrigeration technologies. Our client is looking to develop and implement a "smart" factory initiative by retrofitting current equipment or sourcing cost effective alternatives in order to link and sync to their various locations. This role will work across all platforms from inception through implementation providing expertise in design, development, and integration.
Pay starts at $40.00 per hour
Although this role will be initially offered through Randstad, it is the intent of our client to convert to a permanent position with them. No timeframe has been established therefore the role should be considered temporary but open ended. It is up to the chosen candidate to provide excellence and garner themselves unexpendable.
- Specify, select, configure and program the control system, Programmable Logic Controller/ Decentralized Control System (PLC/DCS) or any other system as required
- Work with operators and engineers to manage changes to PLC and HMI functionality for improvements
- Electrical & Controls design capabilities (conceptualization of control systems, development of schematics, component specification, costing, panel building and wiring)
- Responsible for changes to control logic and software including Safety Systems, PLCs, HMIs, MES Systems, and PC based logic
- Perform programming and troubleshooting of system and component level PLC and Operator Interface Screens; and perform detailed electrical controls and power distribution designs
- Partner with the Engineering and Maintenance departments in a discovery exercise
- Outline and define current SOP's and provide operator's (i.e. end users) succinct instructions set
- Provide current state analysis
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of possible daily equipment issues
- Provide input towards the verification of equipment acquisition
- Run scenario based simulations
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Proficient in working with PLC and HMI systems
- Knowledge and aptitude with the following
- NEC Electrical Code, NFPA guidelines, and OSHA safety, Safety PLC Standards (Class I Div III)
- Electrical design and systems analysis
- Allen-Bradley Micrologix, SLC 50x, & ControLogix PLC's
- Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Programming Suite (RSLogix 5/500/5000, RSLinx, RSView, RSNetworx)
- Siemens Step 7, Simotion, S7 Distributed safety, Drives ES/Simotion, S7 SCL
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server applications, including a fundamental understanding of database design and implements
- Computer networking (TCP/IP)
- 2 years experience with Allen-Bradley or Siemens S7 PLC's
- 2 years experience in process control and system designs including PLC and HMI
- Must have hands on experience regarding equipment programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
Our clients organization is built upon world-class manufacturing facilities that produce our industry leading products. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented Controls Engineer to continue to raise the bar in manufacturing.
Please include your resume when applying online - www.ranstadusa.com
Resumes may also be emailed to - firstname.lastname@example.org
All considered applicants must successfully pass a background and drug screen
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.