We are seeking a Cost Accountant for a long term temporary opportunity in downtown Charleston. The position will last approximately 18 months and pays $17-$19 an hour. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining detailed subsidiary ledgers for water, wastewater and common asset additions and retirements and for reconciling these assets to the general ledger. This includes accounts such as depreciation, accumulated depreciation, contributed equity and liability accounts associated with work-in-progress and capital.
?? Reconcile and analyze assigned accounts to the general ledger monthly.
?? Prepare journal entries to complete monthly accounting cycle, annual audit, and any adjusting entries necessary to reconcile subsidiary records to the general ledger.
?? Maintain information on personal computer using spreadsheet programs and/or database programs to aid in preparing monthly and/or annual analyses for assigned accounts.
?? Monitor GAAP standards in area of responsibility.
?? Accountable for the timely completion of assigned year-end audit schedules, annual functional area incentives and any assigned financial/accounting reports.
?? Place company property tag on movable property within specified period of time and maintain corresponding internal documentation.
?? Conduct annual physical count of all movable property by cost center (if applicable)
?? Verify all source documents are correctly charged and pertain to the project using sound technical judgment.
?? Regular Attendance is required
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Good analytical skills.
- Good negotiation and people skills.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Prior work record indicating dependability and conscientiousness.
Education and/or Experience
- B. S. degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and one year experience or a combination of education and experience in Accounting to equal seven (7) years.
- Experience must be progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts.
Please submit your resume no later than 11/19/2018 in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.