Are you a savvy numbers narrator with keen finance and accounting know-how? Would you like to analyze the past and present financial data of an organization and estimates the future revenue and expenses? As a financial analyst you will support the department's financial and budget management division in all aspects of financial business management, including but not limited to: Short-term budget development, short term forecasting, strategic planning, segment level reporting, financial modeling with profit/loss review and analysis, operating expense analysis, and product pricing development and modeling.
This position will be working for a large university located in LaJolla and is expected to deliver superior service based on comprehensive knowledge of the departments budgeting and financial processing policies.
In addition, you will have the ability to think critically/analytically, maintain a strong attention to detail, possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and proficient using Excel and Powerpoint
Hours:8am-5:00pm Monday thru Friday with some OT required
1 year contract
As a financial analyst you will implement department budget allocations and maintains department chart of accounts, and related business processes. You will analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses and capital expenditures. Also, you will provide analytical support for complex budget, financial, or resource analysis projects. Prepares high level historical reporting and multi year forecasting.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Performs financial analysis and modeling for business leaders
- Through analysis finds discrepancies and trends for senior leaders to review and recommend
- Prepares financial reports and makes recommendations to influence management decisions and strategies
- Ability to gather, research, collect, process, validate and interpret financial and budgetary data from diverse sources.
- Working knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Understanding of accounting and finance principles related to profit/loss analysis and cashflow modeling
-BA degree in accounting, finance, business, mathematics, statistics or related field required
- Heavy financial analysis and modeling experience
- Knowledge and applications of principals and practices of fiscal planning and analysis, budgetary systems and organizational management
- Expertise using computer software, such as MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience using ERP systems such as Oracle, Cognos or Adaptive Insights
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability using organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment
Pleases send resumes to jacqueline.lopez@randstadusa,com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.