Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively hiring multiple Service Agents to join their Commercial Lines Ops team on a temp-hire basis located at the corporate office Worcester, MA. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
Target Start Date: January 28, 2018
Career Development: 6 months temp to hire employment offers comprehensive job training and continued mentorship ongoing.
Hourly Pay Rate: $19.00/hr; expectation is that total compensation increases upon successfully meeting requirements for permanent employment with The Hanover.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (during training for 6-7 weeks); Monday-Friday 10:30am-7:00pm (after training) averaging 38.75 hours/week. Shift bid capabilities after 6 months.
Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision and 401k.
P&C Agent License: The Hanover will sponsor you to obtain your P&C Agent license within 90 days of the start date.
As a Service Agent in the Commercial Lines Ops team, you will be responsible for managing customer contact and for providing timely, quality service to Agents, commercial policy holders, and vendors by phone in a multi-state territory. This includes making policy changes, explaining coverage, updating company records and may include underwriting small business policies.
- Answers telephone, email and fax inquiries from Commercial lines policy owners and Agents. Interprets and explains policy coverage; counsels, educates and provides accurate insurance advice through researching and resolving problems.
- Handles incoming calls from customers and Agents regarding moderate to complex billing questions (i.e. misapplied funds, billing breakdowns, etc.), coverage questions, policy change requests and Certificates of Insurance. Enters information into multiple rating and policy issuance systems.
- Initiates calls to customers for the purpose of retaining their business, offering optional limits and deductibles and gathering information to properly assess the insurance exposures and risks. May include assignment of specific policies or accounts.
- Underwrites risk (selection and rejection within authority level) of policy changes and each time there is communication with the customer. Under moderate supervision and working within specific limits of authority, obtains information about the customers operations throughout the policy term.
- Be able to make outbound calls to current customers to review current coverages, upsell additional coverages and limits and obtain leads for cross-sell opportunities.
- College Degree preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service, Call Center, Data Entry, and/or Insurance experience preferred.
- P&C Agent's license (must be acquired within 90 days of hire). Completion of annual continuing education requirements to maintain license is required.
- Demonstrated professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to perform work in a dynamic environment.
Please send updated resume to on-site Account Manager, Todd Cooksey @ email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.