Randstad in partnership Bayer Crop Science in Muscatine, IA is now hiring for an Engineering Piping/Mechanical Designer. If you are the selected candidate for this role, you will work with Bayer who is shaping the world of agriculture with breakthrough innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet.
As the successful candidate for this role, you will be responsible for completion of piping design and drafting duties related to all areas of the plant and associated engineering disciplines. You will work independently on job assignments, taking basic project information and producing finished engineering drawings suitable for bidding and construction. Documents produced include engineering flow diagrams, civil drawings, detailed equipment arrangements, installation details, piping plans, piping isometrics, electrical drawings, miscellaneous construction and as-built drawings. The design/drafter may be responsible for making project design decisions.
Scope / Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Civil and Mechanical system design decision making.
- Applying sound project design engineering principles.
- Ensure systems and equipment are designed and installed in accordance with both Bayer???s and regulatory standards.
- Assist with project reviews and system design.
- Review field installations to ensure compliance with design.
- Verification and completion of as-built drawings.
- Development construction drawings.
- Work directly with Project Engineers, Project Planners and Construction Field Coordinators to define project implementation requirements.
- Develop equipment and material take-off and specifications.
- Surveying and field verification as required to support project design.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The position requires good communication skills, capable of making decisions independently, strong personal initiative, basic civil and mechanical engineering knowledge, the ability to work well in a team environment, and the ability to work well in a culture that values diversity in a self-directed team environment.
Associate degree in Drafting/Design Technology or equivalent
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Excellent MicroStation CADD operating skills.
- Surveying and field verification technique knowledge.
- Understanding of mechanical and civil design practices and regulations related to system design, equipment layout and Mechanical.
- In-depth knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations (i.e., OSHA, ADA, ASME, etc.) as may be applicable to civil and piping work.
- Previous manufacturing experience - particularly with process related equipment (i.e., pumps, piping and heat exchangers, etc.).
- Capable of working independently.
Use of 3d Plant Design, Cadworx and Naviswork a plus.
Randstad has been in business since 1960, and is now the largest HR Solutions company in the world with a presence in 39 countries. Our team is a part of Randstad's Corporate Services. We have worked with our client for over 30 years! During this time, we have developed a proven track record for placing top talent into roles that offer opportunities for both career growth and success. Randstad offer both competitive pay and benefits for this opportunity.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Local candidates are preferred since no relocation cost reimbursement is available.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.