Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively hiring multiple Associate Adjusters to join their claims team on a temp-hire basis located at the regional office in Howell, MI. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of Americas Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
Whats in it For You?
- Target Start Date: January 2019
- Career Development: 6 months temp to hire employment offers comprehensive job training and continued mentorship ongoing.
- Hourly Pay Rate: $19.00/hr; expectation is that total compensation increases upon successfully meeting requirements for permanent employment with The Hanover.
- Flexible Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm; averaging 38.75 hours/week.
- Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision and 401k.
- Adjuster License: The Hanover will sponsor you to obtain your Claims Adjuster License within 90 days of the start date.
As an Associate Adjuster in the claims team, you are responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of claims in accordance with policy provisions, best practices and jurisdictional requirements. This includes the input of claim data and guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and options. In this role, you will learn how to handle Auto claims.Responsibilities:
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license (s) and continuing education credits.
- Possesses basic functional knowledge and skills reflective of study and/or job development.
- Handle Commercial/Personal Auto Property Damage claims.
- Claims handled may be of minimal complexity and require a complete investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of relevant coverages.
- Phone contact with all relevant parties is required to confirm coverage, liability, and damages
- Take recorded statements from relevant parties, as needed.
- Works within defined limits and authority on assignments of minimal complexity.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling.
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims and work with the Special Investigations Unit, as needed.
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection, if requirements are met for Alternative Work Arrangement policy.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- 2 year (Associates) degree required; (Bachelors preferred).
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in business, financial services, customer service, or insurance industry verticals.
- Required Competencies and Attributes:
- Time Management/Organization
- New claim contacts, diaries, emails, appraisals
- Judgement and Decision Making - critical thinking
- Reviewing all aspects of claim as part of decision
- Customer Focus
- Delivering difficult messages with professionalism
- Agile and Adaptive
- Org changes, new processes, changing priorities
- Ability to embrace new technology
- Automated workflows, mobile apps
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
Please submit your resume to Todd Cooksey on-site Account Manager at email@example.com for an immediate response!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.