The Production Technician is responsible for the accurate, detailed and timely configuration of computer systems, servers, racks, and notebooks with a large core of the position working with routers, switches, gateways and rack builds with regards to cable management and installation. This position may include both hardware installation and software configuration. This position is heavily hands-on to include physical labor such as lifting and moving heavy components, un-boxing and re-boxing, and using pallet jacks to carry and transport large equipment.
1. Experience with the configuration and software installation in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment to include working with servers, PDU's, UPS - (cabling): Cat and Fiber, transceivers required, experience with Cisco IOS/cli - Aruba IOS/cli preferred
2. Excellent computer literacy and skills to include email management, spreadsheets, knowledge of technical platforms and various software programs to include OS - Windows Server, Linux/CLI, Virtualization - Hyper-V, and Vmware
3. Experience with network rack builds such as configuring devices for connection to a network and experience updating and configuring network appliances, routers, switches, and gateways and demonstrates a clear understanding of technical work documents including rack elevations
4. Excellent communication skills both written and oral
5. Able to work well with others in both large and small scale teams and an ability to work independently with little to no supervision while maintaining a team oriented attitude
6. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
7. Must be able to work on your feet for the large majority of the day, often involving hip and waist bending along with lifting above the head
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Preferred Certifications (at least one from the list is required): A+, Network+, Server+, CS, MSCE, or CCNA, Network Administration/Engineering
1. Accurate, efficient and timely configuration of computers, servers, notebooks, routers, switches, gateways and other technical components as related to racks and servers
2. Testing and repair of products and systems to ensure functionality and quality
3. Parts pulling, serialization, and transport of boxes in preparation for configuration process
4. Cable management on racks and servers of various sizes and complexities
5. Submission of order, parts, and time reports to project participants and Supervisors
7. Other misc. duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor, Team Lead, and/or Manager
Pays $14.50-$16.00 DOE (+ benefits), first shift, Monday- Friday (occasional travel within the US)
The ideal candidate will have experience in networking and will be well versed in software programs with excellent computer proficiency, should be able to perform in a fast paced production environment with tight deadlines, build complex racks and servers to include the cabling, labeling, packaging, and testing of the equipment, and possess the ability to read and interpret technical work instructions including rack elevations.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.