We are currently hiring for a Import Specialist for a 3rd party freight forwarder in South San Francisco. We are one of the industry leaders in the Logistics industry and work with some of the most premier organizations and customers throughout the United States. This opportunity offers potential bonus opportunities and great advancement opportunities.
We offer a very competitive salary plus a progressive incentive plan along with great medical and dental benefits.
- Receives freight, documentation and waybilling; assesses charges; and collects fees for shipments.
- Opens a file on the dedicated software system for each shipment received.
- Responds to inquiries by fax, e-mail or telephone.
- Corresponds with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Works with customs officials to effect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
- Notifies consignees of delays in departure of shipment. Provides POD's to shippers if requested.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents.
- Calculates duties or tariffs to be paid on merchandise.
- Corresponds with foreign companies.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Work with Brokers, airlines and 3PL firms
- Filing of AMS/ISF
- Act as customer service coordinator
- Filing of customs entries
- Product HTS classification
- Knowledge of FDA classification
- Filing of Post Entries
No Degree Required
- 3+ years of Import experience
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or internal/external employees
For immediate consideration, please reach out to us ASAP at 650-357-1522. Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.