Import/Export Customer Service Representative
Ensures the timely and accurate production and release of Ocean Bills of Lading. Builds and maintains an open line of communication with the respective customer base and acts as a problem solver.
Work in conjunction with Service Center to ensure that documents are prepares and delivers to customers and government/customs agencies regarding overseas export shipments.
Adherence to PREX ?? Process Excellence, process as detailed in HIP
Deals directly with customers regarding bills of lading discrepancies, container information or routing of cargo
?? Handles changes and/or corrections to bills of lading and/or corrections to the bills of lading that at are required based on customer feedback and/or government regulations. Closely working with Global Service Center as applicable.
?? Monitors all errors / queries raised by GSC Global Service Center in the SDEM / FIS2 ?? handles errors within Area scope of responsibility
?? Monitors workflow to assure that documents are completed and released within the specified timeframes to ensure smooth delivery of cargo
?? Verifies that customer is in good credit standing and sends bills of lading through the Accounting department to confirm accuracy
?? Issues Vessel Certificates to the customers
?? Responsible for the management of Vessel Voyage, Customs Manifest and any miscellaneous reports as required
?? Ensures that Export Customs references are submitted in a timely manner for cargo sailing of out the country. Work with Service Center as applicable ref any Customs AEI.
?? Notifies customers of missing Export Customs references and communicates applicable charges, fees and fines ?? as applicable.
?? Arrange for the timely rolling of shipments that are missing Customs references at indicated deadlines; coordinate with Customer Service Booking as applicable.
?? Create and issue invoices for prepaid charges as necessary
?? In conjunction with the Sales and Accounts Payables departments, lends assistance in the resolution and correction of brokerage disputes
?? Issues Process Exception Advises (PEA??s) for any breakdown in process
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Conveys information clearly over the phone; expresses patience, empathy and understanding with voice alone; extracts meaning from conversations with people whose native language is other than their own; is polite when asking people to repeat; calms those who are angry and manages multiple calls effectively.
- Understands most shipping terms; can use a dictionary to find terms not recognized. Is willing to clarify shipping terms unique to a location. Understands routings, schedules and general practices of various countries, carriers, ports and terminals.
Uses maps, atlases and other geographic reference materials. Knows where nearest ports and terminals are to customers or can use references to find that information. Knows best mode of transportation for ground transport between customer and terminal.
- Understands specific customer's goods, shipment requirements and practices. Has an understanding of special rates which might be assigned and knows when to check with sales for possible special rate assignment.
- Uses word processing software efficiently and effectively. Uses spreadsheet software as a tool for tracking work. Uses other software appropriate to work demands and effectively applies other components of MSOffice required by the job.
- Uses questioning to identify the specific problems and related information. Logically determines approach to solving the immediate problem. Identifies parties that need to be involved in tracing shipments and issues. Makes appropriate contacts and works out a reasonable solution.
AAS degree or two years of experience in the Maritime Industry or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
My client is looking for candidates that live in the Alpharetta, Roswell and Dunwoody area.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.