Randstad Corporate Services in partnership with MilliporeSigma is actively seeking a Laboratory Assistant at their location in Burlington, MA. Randstad Corporate Services is known for our desire and ability to match people with companies and positions that will develop their potential. Our relationship with MilliporeSigma is no exception. MilliporeSigma is a leader in the life science community, providing products and services to the growing biopharmaceutical industry. By harnessing passion and innovation, we are able to help researchers and drug producers around the world.
Why Work With Us?
Pay: Competitive pay
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, short term disability, 401 k after 90 days of service
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours/week
Opportunities: Randstad provides temporary, temporary-to-hire and permanent positions each week to over 100,000 people through its network of more than 900 branches and on-site locations.
About the Job:
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the operational status of the laboratory. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to follow detailed instructions. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to complete his/her job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ensure proper execution of a wide variety of laboratory-based experimental and analytical work under limited supervision.
- Maintain laboratory readiness for experimental execution by maintaining stocks, managing media inventories, and maintaining appropriate levels of laboratory consumables necessary for experimental work.
- Conduct laboratory support functions such as ordering, stocking and distributing supplies and equipment; solution preparation, and general lab maintenance activities (dishwashing, autoclaving, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable regulations and EHS guidelines for chemical storage, working with hazardous chemicals, and general lab safety. Identify opportunities for improvement in test equipment/fixtures and laboratory practices with regards to lab safety and ergonomics.
- Coordinate and/or perform preventative maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment, as necessary. Assist with construction and installation of new equipment and test fixtures.
- Communicate well and clearly to supervisor, group leader, and/or scientists/engineers in a timely fashion.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
As an ideal candidate you will have-
- Ability to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to work with others to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, listening.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions from supervisor, group leader, and/or engineers.
- Ability to learn and use new software tools for laboratory and test equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. with periodic lifting of same weight above waist level.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand and finger manipulations.
For consideration you must have..
-AS/BS or working towards an Associate or Bachelor Degree in engineering or life sciences; a recent bachelor???s-level graduate in one of these fields with 0-2 years experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and follow SOPs and test methods.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data.
Make sure your resume is up to date and apply! Thank you and we look forward to connecting with you!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.