Administrative Assistant Intermediate level
Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively seeking an Administrative Assistant located at in their field office in Portland, ME. The Hanover Insurance Group is one of the most dynamic national property and casualty companies in the country. With over 160 years of rich history and tradition, the Hanover offers a collaborative environment that fosters growth and development. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance), you are guaranteed local expertise and trust.
Works under general or minimal supervision in providing administrative support to an individual or unit. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Duties and tasks are varied and reflect substantial variety and complexity and may be of a confidential nature. May be designated as a lead worker. Resolves most questions and problems and may serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
What's In It For You?
Career Development: Seeking a long term consultant to support a highly efficient and dynamic office team in Portland, ME. Contract is scheduled for up to 1+ year(s) and will be evaluated as needed on a yearly basis.
Flexible Hours: Part time hourly schedule, must be able to commit to 15-20 hours per week; team is flexible on start / end times. This would be a great opportunity to work 4 hours per day in the morning or afternoon.
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00 per hour compensation; averaging 15-20 hours per week
Benefits: Randstad offers talent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and employee assistance programs.
Parking: Available on-site at the client's office location.
- Provides robust administrative support to two branch office locations; in-house for Portland, ME and remote support for Bedford, NH.
- Manages advanced office functions including, but not limited to report writing, producing presentations, maintaining data files, managing and formatting excel spreadsheets for basic variance analyses, and organizing work flow through the office.
- Manage and maintain calendar and appointment schedules, coordinates all travel arrangements/reservations.
- Interacts and collaborates with other office staff in managing day to day work and or key initiatives.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents, and related materials.
Working hours: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Deliver a superior level of administrative agility while maintaining a customer service focus in support of a department.
- Foster and contribute to a positive morale in the organization while maintaining an energetic attitude and flexibility on a daily basis.
- Desire to learn the business and understand how one's own function adds value to the organization and to customers.
- Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities; takes actions to address such obstacles, issues, and opportunities.
- Demonstrates a "can do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Requires 2-3+ years of administrative, office, or clerical support experience.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; e.g. Outlook, word and excel.
- Knowledge in performing expense management, or the ability to learn and adapt quickly to client's business tools.
- Knowledge within Middle Market Commercial Lines Operations insurance a plus.
- Seeking a motivated and eager candidate to join a dynamic and energetic team!
- Ability to communicate to leadership, upper management and cross-functional teams on a regular basis.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey Fontana at email@example.com for an immediate response!!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.