Medical Billing Specialist
We are looking to hire a Billing Associate that will be responsible for providing high quality customer service and billing services. The Billing Associate will recognize potential high risk issues and develop techniques to help collect money and streamline processes.
This team member will discuss difficult or unique problems with the Billing Supervisor, resolve issues, apply new information to future collection issues, and make suggestions to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness through process improvement with the assistance of their immediate Supervisor.
This position will enhance the billing department's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Providing efficient and effective account receivable services on behalf of our member clients to maximize their reimbursement.
* Correcting claims; thoroughly researching and resolving credit balances.
* Answering incoming calls from patients who are inquiring about their bill and provide customer service and resolution to issues.
* Learn collection processes and strategies by working with colleagues within the Billing department.
* Participate in other specific projects related to billing, claims management, data entry, and computer operations as required.
* Maintain complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records.
* Send correspondence to Patients in accordance with Member/Client policies and procedures.
* Send claims and other correspondence to Payers in accordance with Payer policies and procedures.
* Verify and document information in the Practice Management System.
* Assisting with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, alerting clinics Client Billing Partner of possible issues or negative trends.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
* Establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, payers, team members, clients and other stakeholders.
* Maintain confidentiality of patient information, organizational data and information, and at all times be in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
* Minimum of 1 year of Customer Service experience in similar or applicable role. 1-year of applicable Medical office experience is desired.
* Required is a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, or a combination of relevant experience and some higher education.
* Previous FQHC/RHC experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology will lead to success in this role.
* Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, MVA, Workers Comp and private insurance billing and reimbursement processes, and legal requirements knowledge is desired.
If you would like to be considered for this role please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with Medical Billing Specialist in the subject line.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.