Medical Billing Specialist
Are you a Medical Billing Specialist with experience reviewing, analyzing, billing, adjusting, finalizing, and filing of all third-party and private insurance company claims? We are looking for a Medical Billing Specialist with this specific experience.
1. EPIC Work queues-Maintains billing work queues assigned by alpha or groupings which generates claim edits requiring billing intervention to create clean claims.
2. Payor Rejections-Maintains and corrects claims returned to the biller work queue in EPIC that have been rejected by the payor.
3. Denials-Maintains and corrects claims returned to the biller work queue in EPIC that have been denied by the payor.
4. Training-Able to train billing specialist to work billing edits, claim errors, and denials within the billing system
5. Communication-Able to effectively communicate with ancillary departments to resolve claim issues to expedite bills to payers.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hospital setting medical billing and coding
Experience with medical billing and coding
Strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
Experience with hospital systems - EPIC
Strong computational skills
Extreme attention to detail
Ability to be productive without oversight
Excellent interpersonal skills
Robust written and communication skill set
Basic understanding of office software - Microsoft Applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc)
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience: 2 years experience in insurance billing in hospital environment
Required Minimum Skills: Experience in Excel and Word. Demonstrates a general knowledge of medical
terminology, ICD9-CM, ICD10-CM, and CPT procedure codes relative to hospital practices. Competent
written and oral communication skills, time management organization, and an attention to detail. Displays
strong knowledge of analytical and problem solving skills. Is able to train Billers on billing edits, claim
errors and denials.
Please apply if you meet the requirements of this position
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.