Job: Medical Billing SpecialistWhere: Beverly, MA Type: Temp to Hire Salary: $22.00 - $27.00Hours: 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Our client in Beverly is looking for a dynamic Medical Billing Specialist.
The right candidate MUST have experience with EPIC software, denials, appeals and
outstanding claims. The right person must also have the ability to analyze denial trends
and communicate to supervisors.
- Must have EPIC experience
- Post patient and insurance payments.
- Post denials and fix and resubmit or appeal
- Audit the A/R and notify supervisor of any outstanding claims.
- Work on delinquent and collection accounts.
- Monitor Epic WQ???s
- Assist Billing supervisor with projects.
- Help patients with billing questions either on the phone or when they walk into office.
Requisite Core Competencies:
To perform the job successfully, every employee of Essex County OB/GYN Associates must demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
2. Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
3. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
4. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in coding, billing and healthcare, with current working knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPC coding.
- Prior familiarity and experience with all components of an electronic medical record and practice management system (GE Centricity).
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC applications including email, internet research, Microsoft office.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Demonstrated ability to:
o Adhere to policies and procedures and regulations as outlined in the clinic Policy and Procedure Manual.
o Maintain a high degree of accuracy for the performance of the job-related tasks and functions.
o Follow verbal and written instructions;
o Organize workload to determine priority of clerical duties.
o Work in small office with stress factors of telephone calls, noise generated by computer printers and occasional talking.
o Communicate effectively and tactfully with others within the clinic and especially with the public.
If you meet the requirements and you're interested in the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.