Legal Administrative Assistant
Randstad in partnership with The Hanover Insurance Group are actively hiring a Legal Secretary to join their staff legal team on a contract basis, at their field office in Southfield, MI. The Hanover Insurance Group is an industry leading Property & Casualty Insurance Co. with over 160 years of rich history and tradition. Recognized as One of America's Top Employers (Forbes) and A Best Places to Work (Business Insurance) The Hanover Insurance offers a collaborative environment that fosters development and growth.
What's in it For You?
- Career Development: 3 - 6 month contract opportunity, offering training and development with continuing mentorship ongoing. Potential for extension or perm based on performance and client business needs.
- Flexible schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm Mon-Fri or between 8:30am - 9:00am start time; averaging 38.75 hours/week.
- Benefits: Yes, Randstad offers major medical insurance, dental, vision, and 401K.
- Pay Rate Range: $22.00 - $25.00/hr.
As a Legal Secretary, you will be working in a staff counsel law office; this Legal Secretary is responsible for assisting attorneys with E-Files, calendaring, preparing correspondence, and other administrative / clerical duties as assigned -- all under the supervision of the attorney(s) and/or other legal personnel.
- Prepare correspondence and legal papers in final form including, but not limited to, Answers, Complaints, Discovery, Motions, and subpoenas from draft forms and/or dictation in either analog or digital format.
- Manages calendars and dockets and assists in tracking and meeting deadlines.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, depositions etc.
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading, sorting and routing mail.
- Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents in State and Federal Courts including fax filing in State Courts and E-Filing in Federal Courts.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience working in Personal Injury Litigation and/or General Litigation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including MS Outlook or comparable electronic mail systems.
- Paralegal experience or exposure to paralegal duties is a plus.
- Works well with others and establishes sound working relationships.
- Solid Keyboard and Typing skills.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task assignments with different team members both locally and in remote locations.
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize, and adapt to changes in workflow including both type of work and quantity of work.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Must have desire to grow in a Legal Secretary role, supporting in-house attorneys.
Submit resume to Lindsey.Nash@randstadusa.com for an immediate response!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.