Licensed Pharmacy Technician
Randstad is seeking Licensed Pharmacy Technicians for a positon we currently have available with a Fortune 5 Healthcare Provider located in Cypress, CA (90630).
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Fortune 5 Healthcare Provider
- Location: Cypress, CA (90630)
- Position: Pharmacy Technician
- Pay Rate: $18.25/hr
- Hours: 8 hour shift between the hours of 6 AM and 10 PM
- Contract Length: 12/02/2019 to 03/31/2020
- Training is for 4 weeks. Training time is 8:00am-5:00pm. Monday- Friday. This training time is subject to change
- Shift after training is an 8 hour shift with an hour lunch. Candidate must be available as early as 6am and as late as 10pm
- Candidate will work 5 days a week which may or may not include a weekend day(s).
- There is scheduled Overtime and working on Holidays. Dependent on business needs, candidate could work up to 4 hours a day OT.
The essential functions of a pharmacy technician in Prior Authorization are providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. This position exists to take incoming requests for prior authorizations, for formulary and non formulary medications, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Request can be received via fax or telephone, from providers' offices and pharmacists. The position provides clinical review for authorizations in keeping with legal and contractual requirements, including but not limited to turn around times (TATs) and service level agreements (SLAs). The technician must provide the information clearly, accurately and in a professional manner. Interactions with callers must be documented per contractual and various regulatory / legal requirements.
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
1.-Using established criteria and guidelines, the pharmacy technician receives and processes prior authorization requests made by providers and members for medications not inherently covered on a member's prescription drug plan.
2.-Answer prior authorization inquiry calls or/and faxes as well as research and resolve formulary and benefit issues using the appropriate reference material.
3.-Resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
4.-Performs other duties as assigned by management.
5.-Handles inbound phone requests and gathers member data to provide information for Pharmacist consultations.
1. Active Pharmacy Technician License in California
2. High School diploma or GED
4. Ability to work the required shift hours
Please apply online
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.