Sr. Public Engagement Specialist
Seeking a Sr. Public Engagement Specialist in Cincinnati for a large Utilities Company
The Sr. Public Engagement Specialist leads the company's strategic outreach efforts for transmission projects including programs such as pole replacements and storm hardening infrastructure improvements. This position works with the public extensively on construction activities taking place on the high voltage Transmission system. This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience; partnering with technical and externally-facing staff and all levels of an organization, coordinating complex communications internally and externally; working independently with minimum guidance.
- Creating and managing a strategic engagement plan
- Preparing and coordinating external written communications to property owners and other stakeholders, response, dispatch and tracking of external project inquiries, and monitoring and tracking project information
- Engaging and informing key internal stakeholders of the projects taking place and works to ensure a smooth execution of projects
- Participating in transmission project team meetings and processes including field reviews and meetings with local Community Relations Managers to determine appropriate public engagement strategy
- Organizing external communications such as letters, collateral and presentations as needed in coordination with internal communications departments, internal management, legal, engineering, siting team, etc.
- Coordinating the printing and mailing of external communications
- Monitoring property owner inquiries on assigned projects and manage response and documentation
- Maintaining Salesforce information and other project documentation and reporting
- Leading the preparation and implementation of public information meetings and participate in public hearings as required
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to interact with project managers, Community Relations Managers, all levels of management, other employees and external community representatives and organizations
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Project management skills and task management
- Five to eight years of experience in public relations, community affairs, stakeholder engagement, corporate communications
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university
PLEASE APPLY WITH A RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.