Patient Services Advocate II
Functions as an AltaMed ambassador, is welcoming and attentive to the needs of all patients and creates a positive front office patient experience by managing expectations while demonstrating compassion and respect. Also functions as a member of the health care team by assisting in the delivery of patient-focused care by demonstrating excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Pay Rate: 21-22 per hour
Facility open 7 days a week - 12:00-9:00 shift
3 month assignment to start
- Responsible for greeting and verifying the purpose for the patient??s visit in order to determine patient priority.
- Responsible for inputting all information into AltaMed??s practice management system.
- Responsible for verifying eligibility as well as performing financial screenings.
- Responsible for monitoring patient wait times and proactively communicating with patients regarding their status during the visit.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments. - Responsible for reviewing and preparing charts in advance of the visit.
- Responsible for telephone management and ensuring that all calls are answered and resolved as expected.
- Responsible for communicating with the patient care team, which can include but is not limited to the medical assistants, providers and other team members to ensure that the patient experiences a seamless transition between hand-offs and to ensure all patient needs are met.
- Responsible for the collection of patient co-pays and payments, as well as the daily reconciliation of their collections.
- Responsible for monitoring waiting rooms and ensures that waiting areas are kept clean. - Perform other related duties as assigned.
Working hours: 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve basic customer service issues and/or escalate to supervisor as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to complete basic/intermediate math computations.
- Proficient in beginning/intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent follow through skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population/cultural differences.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be resourceful and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Guidelines including the Protected Health Information (PHI) privacy requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience required as a customer service agent, greeter, or receptionist-type role; 1?? - 2 years preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese strongly preferred.
Please forward resume/CV to Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.