Manufacturing Engineer III
Assures highest quality, least costly manufacturing processes. Designs, develops, installs, and documents new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling. Ensures performance (business, profit, and manufacturing) to specification. Conducts cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- With limited assistance from senior engineer or manager, works on individually-assigned projects to design and/or develop new processes and tooling or improvements to existing processes or tooling, utilizing engineering principles, complying with corporate policies on health, safety, and environmental equipment in regards to codes, standards, and regulations. Analyzes best practices and processes to minimize labor, material, and overhead costs and assure manufacturability to increase market share and profitability; provides recommendations to senior engineer or manager.
- Utilizes personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse to complete "make versus buy" feasibility studies and manufacturing cost analysis; electronically transmits data to Accounting, Specials Engineering, and Product Engineering for completion of financial analysis to assure best use of materials and methods in balancing manufacturing and future quality cots. Works with Finance to determine labor, material, and overhead costs to justify equipment and process improvements.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Under direction of senior engineer or manager, specifies and quotes new or replacement equipment of limited complexity.
- Develops engineering detail and documentation (including drawings, Engineering Change Orders [ECOs], Requests for Expenditure [RFEs] and International Organization of Standardization [ISO]) to support tooling quotations, manufacturing processes, and cost analysis to assure all required Quality System documentation is in place and current.
- Utilizes statistical techniques, tolerance analysis, process potential studies, and other engineering techniques to assure new tooling and equipment meet specifications before quality acceptance.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.