Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for a professional Accounts Payable Specialist for a temporaty 3-6 month contract. The AP Specialist performs detailed Accounts Payable duties to include account coding, entry and payment of vendor bills, process of Concur employee expense reports, update a cash flow forecast, and manage the month-end expense accrual. This position applies a deep understanding of expense coding to ensure that actual expenses are properly reported on the financial statements. This position performs monthly reviews and quarterly audits of expense accounts to ensure accuracy and timely resolution of noted issues. This position facilitates compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), adherence to the Delegation of Authority (DOA) for invoice approval and check signing, and financial internal controls.
- Process mail and monitor Jira for vendor invoice submissions; print and scan invoices for approval and processing.
- Review vendor invoices, vouchers, client refund requests, and check requests for completeness, accurate coding and approval in accordance with the DOA prior to entry for payment;
- Contact vendors or budget owners to resolve any payables issues identified before processing payment.
- Record AP and invoices for payment in NetSuite financial system.
- Ensure that the signature sample binder is updated and complete
- Help train temporary staff as needed and provide ongoing instruction and support.
- Update the Expense Coding Aids and Check Request templates as needed.
- Update Confluence Finance documents relating to Accounts Payable.
- Maintain current AP and files, including unpaid invoices, paid invoices, vendor statements and change notifications.
- Prepare bi-weekly ACH Aging report for ACH payment processing.
- Prepare weekly AP Aging report for check run and coordinate availability of check signers to ensure all invoices are paid timely.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and related computer software.
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed. Ability to type with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform job functions
- Possess superior time management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple schedules based on individual preference and guidelines
- Ability to review and identify accurate data entry, correcting and monitoring data entry issues
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment.
- Ability to work independently and to be flexible in changing work priorities
- Associate???s degree in business, finance or accounting is preferred .
- Four years of progressively responsible work in accounting is required.
- Knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting controls is required.
- Able to use the finance data bases and manage multiple site finances.
- Basic understanding of internal controls and ability to monitoring and correct controls as needed to assure compliance and integrity of financial statements.
If you are interested in this position, please click apply or email your resume to email@example.com
Please note that only qualified applicants will be reached out to.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.