Randstad has an opening for a temporary Oligonucleotide Chemist position at a leading biotechnology company in San Diego, CA. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
Responsible for the manufacture of GMP oligonucleotides; the continuous improvement of these existing oligo processes; and the development/transfer of new oligo processes. Provides oligo process support to Operations group through instrument/oligo process troubleshooting and completion of NCR investigations. Responsible for research, development and production manufacturing activities associated with oligos.
- Independently produces notebook, dev, pilot and production materials per written directions
- Analyzes in-process and final oligos using state of the art analytical techniques
- Troubleshoots simple manufacturing process problems
- Analyzes process data
- Creates documents and assists with assembly of change control packages
- Maintains labs under cGMP conditions
- Completes ERP and cycle count transactions
- Keeps accurate records and documentation
- Stocks and maintains lab supplies.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent and a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- Working knowledge of QSR/GMP preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Strong math skills
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.