Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Admin / Case Coordinator - Long Term Contract 8-12 months or longer.
IMMEDIATE NEED - Will start remote.
This position appoints arbitrators to arbitration cases, schedules/reschedules pre-hearing conferences and
hearings, and performs a wide variety of tasks such as generating memos and correspondence, electronic filing,
and setting up hearing rooms.
This is skilled administrative work in which incumbents are proficient in their assigned roles; are able to
independently prioritize their work; are able to handle routine matters independently and complex matters under
close supervision; and are able to work under close supervision generally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generates, mails and/or publishes memos to the ODR Portal, as instructed.
- Receives lists of arbitrators from parties, enters rankings in database, consolidates and/or extends lists as
- Properly documents reasons for arbitrator changes to case lists such as withdrawals and/or requests for
- Contacts arbitrators to serve on cases. Appoints and/or replaces arbitrators to cases, following established
- Coordinates, schedules, and notifies parties and arbitrators in writing of the date and time of conference calls
- Coordinates and schedules telephonic conferences with service provider.
- Processes requests, responses, and decisions to postpone hearings and reschedules hearings, as necessary.
- Maintains electronic and physical files in accordance with established procedures. Files and/or scans
correspondence promptly and prepares files for storage.
- Inputs written case notes and hearing dates into case processing system.
- Reserves hearing locations for off-site hearings. Reserves, prepares and recovers hearing rooms for on-site
hearings and arranges for box storage.
- Fulfills recording requests and downloads digital recordings.
??? Processes incoming emails and faxes from central inbox and case management system, as needed.
??? Review and process incoming Arbitrator Oaths and Orders, with limited assistance.
??? As assigned, determines proper composition of arbitration panel, generates list of arbitrators, reviews
arbitrator information for conflicts, and eliminates arbitrators from lists, as needed, with limited assistance.
??? Reviews and/or processes arbitrator expense reports for submission to Finance, as needed.
??? Reviews vendor/hotel invoices for submission to Finance Department, as needed.
??? Cross-trained on Senior Case Coordinator and Case Specialist job functions, as needed.
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Legal Admin Experience a must.
Additional duties as required by management, including presentations..
??? High School and 4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
??? Expertise using a desktop computer with the full suite of electronic office applications and other office
??? Excellent organizational ability, interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communications skills
This role will start remote until pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.