Randstad, in partnership with Bayer Crop Science, is seeking a talented Administrative Assistant to work at one of their offices in Stonington IL. Bayer is one of the world's leading agricultural technology companies. They are a company committed to innovation, focused on working with farmers to help them produce more with fewer natural resources.
This is a contract/temporary position . Start date: July 20, 2020-September 11, 2020 -potential to extend longer as a temporary position
Pay rate range: $17 - $18.00/hr
About the Job:
The role is responsible for:
- Answers telephones, takes messages and/or redirects calls.
- Greets visitors. Responds to a variety of inquiries on work-related topics and processes.
- Reviews, highlights, prioritize and processes mail. Forwards routine mail to appropriate staff member; may attach relevant files or information. Prepares items for mailing, shipping and storage.
- Follows-up on items as needed or assigned. Drafts responses for management approval; composes and sends simple correspondence on occasional basis such as promotional and congratulatory letters, basic instructions or procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings/ appointments. This may include logistics, travel itineraries for management and other staff, location selection, menus and food services, supplies, audio visual support, room set-up etc.
- Maintains and updates office records such as associate files, work schedules, technical manuals, forms, supply lists, organizational charts and related internal files
- Assists in gathering data and information, computing figures, assembling materials, and preparing exhibits for reports, projects, management meetings and other presentations.
- Provides back-up services for other support staff
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
What you need to be awesome at:
- Excellent technical and keyboarding skills
- Must be comfortable pivoting between different computer programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience work on SAP a bonus, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to function effectively in a collaborative work environment
As an ideal candidate you will have:
Education: High school, vocational, or technical school business studies.
Experience: 2-4 years Office/secretarial experience.
Knowledge: Organizational structure and business procedures.
This is a great opportunity in a positive, innovative work environment where all workers are treated with respect and diversity is accepted.
Bayer Crop Science is an agriculture company focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. They work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. They think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
Benefits provided by Randstad include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k; and holiday pay.
Make sure your resume is up to date and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you and we look forward to connecting with you!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.