ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - Head of Rare Disease Insights
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - Head of Rare Disease Insights
Insights to Impact Go to Market
Bachelor's Degree - REQUIRED
Master's Degree - PREFERRED
THE IDEAL LEADER WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Effectively manages resources to provide management with actionable information and insight regarding customers (patients, physicians and caregivers) and the global market and business environment.
- Monitors the external environment to gain deep expertise in insight and research techniques and bring those forward within the organization.
- Provides holistic insight-driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders by successfully partnering with internal colleagues
- Executes primary and secondary research to clarify issues and reduce risk in decision making for molecules in development in international markets
- Conduct primary market research projects that align with future objectives
- Conducts market research by identifying, designing, conducting and implementing research for communicating actionable recommendations and implications.
- Oversees, in collaboration with the insight leads, the delivery of objective, independent, and value driven insights gained from marketing research. Delivers results that impact decision making
- Develops and maintains processes and communication with global colleagues, which promotes and facilitates the exchange of business and marketing intelligence.
- Conducts payer research in the US, EU, and Asia to better understand the access environment and access strategy
- Plans bespoke projects using US secondary data sources to help understand market size, product utilization, and site of care in rare disease.
- Develops the initial commercial insights for indications of interest during preclinical - Phase I development
- Follows the market research SOP
Innovative medical and scientific approaches and agile decision making to identify, build, and implement patient solutions ensuring long term business sustainability.
Creates and implements patient-focused and patient-driven solutions that engage patients and internal/external stakeholders to understand the patient??s disease journey, finds solutions to their needs, and makes UCB the patient-preferred biotech leader.
Anticipates trends and interprets signals in the ecosystem of care and maintains a holistic perspective of medical affairs-related activities externally and within UCB; combines this view with a patient-value focus and business understanding to develop high-impact solutions.
Leverages and maximizes the diversity of medical affairs community to establish and maintain trusted internal and external partnerships to achieve results and improve patient value through discussion and influence.
Works collaboratively to ensure the highest healthcare principles and standards are upheld, while creating agile frameworks and programs to deliver results that maximize patient value.
Identifies and defines research questions and strategy, relevant data sources, methodologies and systems for safety and effectiveness analysis in a rapidly evolving ecosystem; Executes/interpret analysis to answer the research questions to enable informed decision making.
Understands the value of technology for high quality, consistent and efficient data capture, processing and analysis, including AI.
Ability to collaboratively build, control, and continuously adapt the project plan, with the appropriate level of details, to achieve the project objectives.
Ensures excellence in partnership from different aspects: identification, governance, operational, strategic and people to enable the execution of the UCB Strategy.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Gathering and interpretation of information: Uses quantitative and qualitative methods to obtain relevant information about stakeholders' needs, motivations and behaviors in order to contribute to the generation of insights
Manages the process and/or teams to produce a deep understanding of stakeholders' and/or patients' needs.
Leading others: Communicates the vision and sense of purpose with enthusiasm, and ensures strategic priorities are understood and acted upon
Provides coaching and support to team and colleagues to encourage learning and development
Shows trust and provides learning opportunities to reports through delegation and opportunity for participation in new and stretching assignments
Accurately assesses each person's strengths and uses them to get the best out of him or her; Motivates and influences a wide range of colleagues including direct reports, team members and project members
Maintains extensive knowledge of the relevant therapeutic areas, diseases, stakeholders, patient journeys and unmet needs, clinical practice, research and development, regulatory, market access environment, and the competitive landscape; applies this knowledge to develop differentiated patient solutions.
Bachelors degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics, or related field) required. Master??s degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of global Market Research, Customer Insights, or related experience in pharmaceuticals or consumer products company or agency side. Additional experience in innovation, marketing, new product development, is a plus.
Interest in leading cross-functional teams, including influencing without direct authority, in a highly collaborative matrix environment where flexibility and change management skills are needed.
Strong skills to partner and communicate with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
Comfort in a matrix environment
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Comfort working with stakeholders from multiple countries and geographic regions
Comfort developing an understanding of healthcare systems in multiple countries and geographic regions
Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to translate vague information needs into specific questions relating to expected use of results are required.
Ability to synthesise large bodies of work into key actionable insights.
A person who will finish projects that they start with tenacity and an ability to inspire action, trust and confidence.
Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritizing and organizational skills are required.
Expert knowledge / understanding of market research and statistical techniques as well as study design
Some overnight travel, including internationally, required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some overnight travel, including internationally, required.
$90 - $93 HR - START ASAP
ASSIGNMENT ENDS 9/30/2020
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.