This health system is recognized as one of the region's top employers. The Pharmacy Technician performs tasks related to the filling of medication orders, maintains both manual and computer based records. Prepares intravenous solutions using proper aseptic techniques, supplies controlled substances. Maintains accurate records of disposition, maintains inventories in the pharmacy storeroom and work areas. Supplies medications
and stock to patient care areas and appropriately charges for items supplied.
- Performs tasks related to the filling of medication orders, maintains both manual and computer based records.
- Prepares intravenous solutions using proper aseptic techniques, supplies controlled substances.
- Maintains accurate records of disposition, maintains inventories in the pharmacy storeroom and work areas.
- Supplies medications and stock to patient care areas and appropriately charges for items supplied.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity
- Ability to read and write English and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate verbally, in person and over the telephone, and in writing with pharmacists, nurses, physicians, and other healthcare personnel
- Ability to acquire skills necessary to operate department computer application packages
- Ability to operate a computer terminal, calculator, and other office equipment; manipulate fine instruments; and prepare pharmaceutical entities in minute proportions
- Knowledge of pharmacy law
- Ability to read and transcribe required information from medication orders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and department records
- Ability to work well within a team environment: by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback; by supporting team goals and encouraging other team members; and by collaborating with patient care team members to consolidate work, solve problems, create new methods and/or reduce costs
- Shows flexibility/adaptability in meeting environmental constraints and demands placed on services as is common with changing reimbursement and managed care targets
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy
Formal Education Required:
- Completion of basic high school course work in science and mathematics
Experience and Training Required:
- Six months (6) Pharmacy Technician experience OR completion of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Licensed as a pharmacy technician by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
Please email resume to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.