Pharmacist Internship 2020-2021 School Year
How would you like to be a part of one of Rhode Island's busiest and community-focused health insurance providers ? Now imagine that while also meeting the internship requirements of your pharmacy program? If that sounds exciting to you please read further!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Participating in Drug Utilization Review Programs
1. Utilize Excel and Pharmacy Department clinicians to determine which DUR programs would have the greatest impact for the Pharmacy Department
2. Initiate telephonic outreach to providers in regards to potentially inappropriate prescribing or other issues found while reviewing DUR
3. Initiate telephonic outreach to members and pharmacies to communicate changes in medication therapy as agreed to by the provider
Participating in Drug Research Projects
1. Conduct timely drug literature search and reviews to support the department
2. Act as a drug information resource for the Pharmacy and Medical Management Departments
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized, timely, efficient and thorough manner
No Degree Required
??? Currently enrolled in a school of pharmacy
??? Independent in problem solving and task management
??? Working knowledge and familiarity with prescription drugs
If you meet the necessary requirements please apply to this posting and we will reach out to you to schedule an interview!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.