Customer Care Coordinator
A Global Bio-Tech Company located in Lexington Massachusetts is seeking a Patient Services Manager to join their dynamic team.
Contract: Remote 6 months with possible extension
The Patient Support Manager works in a highly visible, strong team environment to provide exceptional Customer Service on all levels. Specifically, listen to and counsel patients and medical professionals, interpreting their specific needs and providing friendly, professional and well-informed answers to their questions. Case Managers will work with patients, physician offices, partners and insurance companies to case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy. Maintain relationship with patients and physicians to ensure ongoing compliance with therapy.
- Works closely with patient/family to case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy.
- Acts as the liaison with medical offices
- Work with Specialty Pharmacy and insurance companies to obtain reimbursement information
- Perform benefit investigations with insurance companies as required.
- Counsel patient/family on reimbursement options
- Manage patient transition to company products. Work with nurses to provide injection/infusion training to patients
- Responsible for maintaining case history for all assigned patients in the CRM system
- Trouble shoot and resolve ongoing reimbursement issues (step edits, insurance changes, PA????s, etc)
- Partner with Field Regional Business Managers and Patient Access Mangers to manage all patient cases within their assigned territories
- Professionally field incoming telephone calls while making a positive impression
- Answer patient and medical office inquiries and resolve customer problems
- Provide ongoing compliance support by making regular calls to patient/families
- Manage patient assistance requests and work with partners to process applications
- Provide back-up coverage for other Case Managers
- Attend patient meetings and represent the company at industry conferences
- Travel to sales meetings and medical offices as necessary
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
3 -5 years of prior case management experience preferred
Prior reimbursement experience with ability to communicate complex reimbursement scenarios to patients
and medical professionals.
- Ability to multi task, problem solve and work independently
- Individual must possess and portray strong emotional resilience
- Individual must possess extraordinary positive attitude, exceptional listening skills, and strong verbal and
written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information
BA/BS in the life sciences or communications preferred
Ability to problem solve complex reimbursement scenarios and recommend solutions
Ability to maintain composure and remain professional during difficult patient or medical calls
Liaison with patients and families
Liaison with physicians and sites of care
Work with specialty pharmacy partners, insurance companies and nursing agencies
Work with Regional Business Managers, Patient Access Manager and Managed Care/Government Accounts team
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 475-549-8806
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.