Buyer / Planner
A leading client in Lake Forest, IL is looking to fill a temp to hire Buyer/Planner role.
- Purchase & work order issuance, management, and prioritization.
- Maintain planning system parameters for assigned supplier or work center portfolio (order minimums, lead times, suppliers, product category, etc.)
- Monitor supplier performance and responsiveness for cost, quality, and delivery.
- Collaborate with suppliers through the sharing of planned order reports, understanding constraints and how to prioritize production needs, and resolve issues.
- Hold supplier partners accountable for accurate information and timely execution of open orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory through accurate purchasing and reacting to changes in sales trends and troubleshoot / resolve supply issues.
- Communicate and escalate critical supply chain issues to minimize impacts to service levels.
- Provide project management for supplier and item level transitions to ensure no customer disruption and no excess or obsolete inventory.
- Manage Quick Ship Program to appropriate service and inventory levels.
- Responsible for item set up, vendor onboarding and vendor set up.
- Assist in the development of improving processes and tools to streamline activities
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
--Advanced analytical skills with the ability to make sound recommendations based on data findings
--Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills.
--Ability to develop and manage a project.
--Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
--Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills.
- Degree from a four-year college or university with specialization in (business, supply chain, statistics, logistics).
- APICS and project management PMP certification a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of supply chain planning experience required.
Please apply now or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.